According to Beijing Morning Post, Chang’e 3(named after Chinese goddess of the moon) will launch in 2013 on an ambitious robotic mission to the moon. The soft landing made by a lunar landing craft will include a robotic rover. The rover includes a nuclear battery with an expected 30 years operation.
Chang’e 2 launched in 2010 and was a successful lunar orbiting mission testing many of the technologies for future flights.
The new missions lunar rover was designed by Shanghai Aerospace System Engineering Institute and is designed to send video in real time.
The lander will include the moon’s first astronomical observatory including specialty cameras and a telescope.If successful the landing will be the first soft landing since the Soviet’s in 1976.
Of course this mission as in all Chinese moon missions will be testing technologies that could lead to a future manned landing.
- Copter Recovery Guide
- Free Rocketry Tools
- Garbage Rockets
- Model Rocket History
- Past Scratch Builds
- Rocket Building References
- Rocketry History
- Scale Data
- Sounding Rocket Information
- Ultimate Paper Rocket Guide
- NASA to Televise Expansion Operations for Bigelow Expandable Activity Module
- NASA Updates Time for Today’s Media Briefing on Status of Bigelow Expandable Activity Module
- Mark Zuckerberg to Connect with Space Station Astronauts via Facebook Live
- NASA to Brief Media on Status of Bigelow Expandable Activity Module
- The T.A.R.C. 2016 Video youtube.com/watch?v=TZZMcn… rocketry.wordpress.com/2016/05/28/the… 1 day ago
- Sped up F9 Landing from Onboard Camera youtube.com/watch?v=4jEz03… rocketry.wordpress.com/2016/05/28/spe… 1 day ago
- F9 Launched and Landed- Thaicom 8 mission youtube.com/watch?v=zBYC4f… rocketry.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/f9-… 1 day ago