As 2011 comes to a close and I begin a 6th year of blogging on Rocketry I thought I would take a look at the top 10 most popular items I blogged on in 2011.
10. STS 135 Launch picture – The last shuttle majestically rises into the sky.
Space shuttle Atlantis is seen through the window of a Shuttle Training Aircraft (STA) as it launches from launch pad 39A at Kennedy Space Center on the STS-135 mission, Friday, July 8, 2011 in Cape Canaveral, Fla. Atlantis launched on the final flight of the shuttle program on a 12-day mission to the International Space Station. The STS-135 crew will deliver the Raffaello multipurpose logistics module containing supplies and spare parts for the space station. Photo Credit: (NASA/Dick Clark)
9. Lockheed Martin unveils first Orion Spacecraft and Simulation Center – Will it ever fly?
8. Sagan Series – this wonderful video series is beautiful and timely.
7. Twilight of the Shuttle – My tribute to the Shuttle program
My Atlantis Paper Model
6. Qu8k at Balls 20 –
Derek Deville holds camera unit from the Qu8k rocket
5. Steampunk Rocketry – The Steampunk movement continued with furvor and two post I did continued to pull in mega views.
4. NASA giving away Shuttle heat tiles
3. Anything to do with the X-37B
2. Paper Rockets, Paper Rockets, and more Paper Rockets
1. The Rocketry Blog received close to a quarter of a million views in one day on Feb. 8th 2011.
Google ran a Jules Verne Doodle and and one of the search results linked to the Rocketry Blog
This entry was posted in Daily Journals
. Bookmark the permalink