The folks over at Armadillo Aerospace have been busy the past year. Check out this amazing post on their great accomplishments.
Here are a few:
- Received the first ever Waiver for Class III rocket flights on 5-29-09.
- Flew the first flight ever under a Class III waiver on 5-30-09.
- Hosted NASA dignitaries for the flight of the Methane Module.
- Conducted the first Boosted and Return Trajectory in front of NASA.
- Returned the Armadillo powered Rocket Racer to flight.
- Filed second Class III waiver application for LLC flights up to 200,000 pound seconds.
- Worked with AST on real time Maximum Range Calculations.
- Prepared Level 2 LLC vehicle with 3 different tank sets and tested under tether.
- Lincoln Composites
- Microcosm/Scorpious (Go Scorpius!) Awesome tanks, even better service!
- Built Lunar Pad and new pad for Boost and Return flights.
- Flew Tethered flights over the Simulated Lunar Surface.
- First flight to the moon, in flight abort. “We lost the moon…”
- 2 successful flights to the moon with Practice MOD.
- Hosted Level 2 LLC and successfully satisfied the flight requirements in spite of weather!
- Watched Masten try for the Level 1 LLC… Nice flight!
- Watched Masten Make qualified flights for Level 1 LLC, I wonder if they will be ready…