Jules Verne had some amazing ideas about the future world. In 1865 he wrote a prophetic work of science fiction called “From the Earth to the Moon”. In this fantastic volume he predicted that three astronauts are launched from the Florida peninsula and recovered through a splash landing. Amazing since it was written over a hundred years before Apollo. The one distinct difference in Verne’s book and Apollo was instead of a standard Rocket launch he used a moon gun to launch a manned projectile to the moon.
Over the years research on space guns to launch projectiles into space have numerous. Starting with the German V-3 cannon and continuing up to the Super High Altitude Research Project (SHARP). Now one of the lead developers on the SHARP project John Hunter has a new design for a gun that could launch supplies into space. Called the “Quicklauncher” this new design cut cut the cost of delivering supplies into space from the current $5000 a pound to $250 per pound.
Perhaps he could get Dominos to sponsor and deliver the first pizza to the ISS 🙂
- Copter Recovery Guide
- Free Rocketry Tools
- Garbage Rockets
- Model Rocket History
- Past Scratch Builds
- Rocket Building References
- Rocketry History
- Scale Data
- Sounding Rocket Information
- Ultimate Paper Rocket Guide
- What would a flight over Mars look like? rocketry.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/wha… 2 days ago
- SpaceX ECHOSTAR XXIII MISSION rocketry.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/spa… https://t.co/S7qiMctoe4 1 week ago
- Disney’s “Man in Space” – OTD 1955 youtube.com/watch?v=omWRxo… rocketry.wordpress.com/2017/03/09/dis… 2 weeks ago