I sit here typing this on a system running Ubuntu. Linux is showing up everywhere. Now NASA has mandated that the new avionics system on the Ares be open source . This will insure that future contracts will have full competition. You can read the Software agreement here.
Here are some articles about the annoucement.
We may see Red Hat or Ubuntu assist our future astronauts on their way to the Moon and Mars. At least we won’t see Windows Blue Screens on descent!
- Copter Recovery Guide
- Free Rocketry Tools
- Garbage Rockets
- Model Rocket History
- Past Scratch Builds
- Rocket Building References
- Rocketry History
- Scale Data
- Sounding Rocket Information
- Ultimate Paper Rocket Guide
- NASA Astronaut Available for Interviews Before Space Station Mission
- NASA Launches NOAA Weather Satellite Aboard United Launch Alliance Rocket to Improve Forecasts
- NASA Selects Instrument for Future International Mission to Martian Moons
- Tennessee Students to Speak with NASA Astronauts on International Space Station
- SpaceX Zuma Launch Info - #SpaceX #Zuma rocketry.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/spa… https://t.co/Y3PyAWYSB8 6 days ago
- Orbital Antares Launch Info for OA-8 Mission-Antares paper model link @OrbitalATK… rocketry.wordpress.com/2017/11/10/orb… https://t.co/CczHtO8fxX 1 week ago
- SpaceX Koreasat-5A Launch Info rocketry.wordpress.com/2017/10/30/spa… 3 weeks ago