I sit here typing this on a system running Ubuntu. Linux is showing up everywhere. Now NASA has mandated that the new avionics system on the Ares be open source . This will insure that future contracts will have full competition. You can read the Software agreement here.
Here are some articles about the annoucement.
We may see Red Hat or Ubuntu assist our future astronauts on their way to the Moon and Mars. At least we won’t see Windows Blue Screens on descent!
- Copter Recovery Guide
- Free Rocketry Tools
- Garbage Rockets
- Model Rocket History
- Past Scratch Builds
- Rocket Building References
- Rocketry History
- Scale Data
- Sounding Rocket Information
- Ultimate Paper Rocket Guide
- What would a flight over Mars look like? rocketry.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/wha… 2 days ago
- SpaceX ECHOSTAR XXIII MISSION rocketry.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/spa… https://t.co/S7qiMctoe4 1 week ago
- Disney’s “Man in Space” – OTD 1955 youtube.com/watch?v=omWRxo… rocketry.wordpress.com/2017/03/09/dis… 2 weeks ago