I sit here typing this on a system running Ubuntu. Linux is showing up everywhere. Now NASA has mandated that the new avionics system on the Ares be open source . This will insure that future contracts will have full competition. You can read the Software agreement here.
Here are some articles about the annoucement.
We may see Red Hat or Ubuntu assist our future astronauts on their way to the Moon and Mars. At least we won’t see Windows Blue Screens on descent!
- Copter Recovery Guide
- Free Rocketry Tools
- Garbage Rockets
- Model Rocket History
- Past Scratch Builds
- Rocket Building References
- Rocketry History
- Scale Data
- Sounding Rocket Information
- Ultimate Paper Rocket Guide
- NASA Invites Media to Discuss First Mission to Study Mars Interior, First Interplanetary Launch from West Coast
- Two NASA Astronauts Among Crew Heading to International Space Station
- Media Invited to View NASA Spacecraft That Will Touch the Sun
- Media Preview of Final Voyage of NASA's Around-the-World Atmospheric Mission